Friday, June 14, 2013

A Declaration of Pride!, a Blog Hop, and a "Ask the Editor" session

Wanna win a copy? Leave a comment, and enter to win! 
I am a coat of many colors. Some people would like to  color me as only a gay man, but I am many other things. Being gay is not a strength or a weakness, it is simply a part of my DNA. When asked about my life, I say the only choice I made was to be comfortable with the feelings and attractions that I had had since I was five years old. But again, being gay is not the only thing that makes me me. Yes, I am an activist. And I am do write M/M. And I don't believe in secrets! (But many of my characters do, like Victor and Marissa of Two Tiny Secrets, my latest short story on sale here!)

I have gay friends who talk about gay things, but I also have straight, bisexual, and transgendered friends who inform, educate, and entertain me on matters of their first culture.

I am not and will not be pigeon holed into being only one thing. I am writer. I am a husband. I am a poet, a humanitarian, and a deep thinker. I am against bullying, hate, and discrimination of anyone. period. I am a hippie, a social butterfly, and a bibliophile. And I choose to believe I am all these things and would be all these things, whether or not I am gay, queer, or otherwise strange. Each of these things are a part of the quilt that make up my mentality and physicality. They are, as Dolly Parton sung, my coat of many colors which I hope to wear until the day I die. And I will have pride in all this, and more, as I discover new and interesting things about myself as I grow older.

And speaking of a coat of many colors, I got the chance to do an "Ask the Editor" session with Kris Jacen, who I have the honor of calling a great editor, an excellent advisor, and an incredible friend. She answered a ton of questions about the ideal author for an editor, her various projects (including Butt Pirates in Space), and the things she can (and cannot) teach as an editor.

Check out that Q&A and be educated, enlightened, and even tickled.

Her bio . . . Kris Jacen is the Executive Editor and Formatting Director for ManLoveRomance Press and its imprints. She was invited to join the MLR staff in 2008 and has never looked back. Working with over thirty-five phenomenal authors such as Rick R. Reed, JP Bowie, Ally Blue, Jet Mykles, and S.J. Frost has allowed her to both hone her editorial skills and indulge her inner fangirl. Kris also acts as editor, mentor and sounding-board for newcomers including Kendall McKenna, Parker Williams and Z. Allora. With this stable of talent under her guidance, Kris is quick to tell anyone who will listen that she loves her job. And her authors are just as quick to say that they love their editor.

And we part of the Rainbow Blog Hop, hosted by the Marketing For Romance Writers group. Tour around and see what else you can win while learning about other authors and projects!


MFRW Colors of the Rainbow Bloghop
AND A FREE GIVEAWAY!!!
Free to everyone -- No entry needed.
Download your favorite version of the exclusive Marketing for Romance Writers Rainbow Excerpts Book, with 60 pages of excerpts and samples from our authors. This version features gay romance.
Kindle
http://marketingforromancewriters.org/media/RainbowExcerptBook-Vol1.prc
Nook / ePub http://marketingforromancewriters.org/media/RainbowExcerptBook_Vol1.epub
Adobe PDF http://marketingforromancewriters.org/media/RainbowExcerptBook-Vol1.pdf


6 comments:

  1. Love your attitude! No one should be pigeon holed

    Love all of you guys at MLR, and I aspire to having Kris as an editor someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch for sharing. I agree with you, humanity is far too complicated to just be classified by one thing. Thanks for participating!

    tiger-chick-1(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Let everyone be who they are and not what you want!
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apropos of nothing, I love the water color background of your blog. AND I agree with your post. I also love that you say you have 30 WIPs. At least there's no writer's block. It's mainly trying to decide what to finish next. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the hippies used to say, "do your own thing." It's always worked for me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I love that you are a multi faceted individual who doesn't want to be just a few things. It's what makes each of unique. It awesome that your sharing yourself with us the readers, and I thank you very much!
    Wishing you all the best, and continued success...*S*

    ReplyDelete